Original Approved AA Chino
Oxford’s Original Approved Chino pants are a slim-fit, casual-looking pant with workwear roots, receiving a significant fabric upgrade through a monolayer Armourlite™ construction. This specific variant of Armourlite™ stretch twill has been interwoven with cotton to create a soft hand feel that performs to rigorous CE AA testing standards.
Designed specifically for wearers that demand flexibility and functionality from their garments. These Chino pants feature extra elastic on the front pocket corners that allows comfortable stashing of items and inside is a hidden zippered pocket for further security against items falling out. Finer details such as welt pockets at the rear, reinforced pocket edges for enhanced durability and reinforced safety stitching at critical seams enhance the product’s durability and the wearer’s experience.
A tapered fit creates a contemporary silhouette whilst offering similar levels of practicality as a roomier straight leg fit. A crotch gusset has been added to give extra flexibility which, coupled with a precisely selected amount of fabric stretch, helps to prevent the hem of the pant from riding up when sat on the bike.
Flexible level 2 CE knee and level 1 CE hip protectors are also included as standard; whilst soft and comfortable during normal riding, they will harden upon impact to help disperse force.
They look and feel like your regular chinos, but with CE AA motorcycle protection.
Original Approved: Outstanding fit. Approved performance.
• CE AA Certified (EN 17092-3:2020)
• CE Level 2 knee protectors (EN 1621-1:2012)
• CE Level 1 hip protectors (EN 1621-1:2012)
• Reinforced impact abrasion zones
• Internal overlock stitching reinforces all critical seams for improved seam strength
• Double layer lining at seat
• Naturally breathable and moisture wicking outer fabric
• Rainseal DWR finish makes water bead and disperse from the outer shell (re-proof item after 10 washes with RainSeal Waterproofing Spray)
Fabric & Construction
• Monolayer Armourlite™ construction
• Elastic reinforced side pockets with stay in place construction
• Twin needle reinforced side seams
• Press stud closures on back pocket welts to secure pocket contents
• Bar tack reinforced belt loops
• YKK fly zipper
• Jersey protector pockets for increased comfort
• Original Approved branding details
Adjustability & Fit
• Tapered fit
• Armourlite™ fabric features stretch characteristics for increased comfort
• Crotch gusset for ease of movement
• 2 front pockets
• Front coin pocket
• 2 rear welt pockets
• Oxford branding label at back waist
• Brushed metal matt finish button and front pocket rivets
30, 32, 34, 36, 38, 40